I have been... (from the moment of my conversion and baptism by immersion)...
What We Believe
Norcot Mission is a modern, independent, evangelical and family-friendly church.
- In the divine inspiration and sufficiency of the Holy Scriptures as originally given, and their supreme authority in all things we believe and do, both as individuals and as a local church.
- In the unity of the Godhead, with three distinct persons in that unity, namely the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. These persons are equal in power and glory, and to them equal honour and worship are due.
- That the Son of God became truly man, being conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of the virgin Mary.
- That the earthly life of Jesus was unique and sinless, and his death was a sacrifice to God, a propitiation for the remission of sins.
- That Jesus was raised from the dead, and was seen alive in his resurrection body by many witnesses.
- That he has ascended to the right hand of God, exalted above all as Lord and Christ, and is now the all sufficient High Priest, representative and advocate of his people.
- That Jesus will come again to take his people to be with himself, to judge the world in righteousness, and to set up his kingdom in glory.
- That, as a consequence of the fall, Adam, and through him all mankind, are dead in sin, lost, unable to meet God's requirements and therefore subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
- That the justification of the sinner before God is by faith alone, through God's grace and mercy.
- That the Holy Spirit is needed to make the work of Christ effective in us firstly by regeneration, that is, giving us a new life and nature and producing repentance and faith, and secondly, by sanctification, that is making us holy, and giving us the power for work and witness in the world.
- That this new life will always be seen in obedience to God's commands, holiness of life, the fruit of the Spirit, and good works.
- That the dead will be raised again, either to life, or to condemnation, and that both the blessedness of the righteous, and the punishment of the wicked, will be eternal.
These are our practices:
- The baptising of Christian disciples by immersion on their public confession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The frequent and regular celebration of the Lord's Supper.
- The accepting into church fellowship and membership of those who give clear evidence of commitment to the Biblical and Christian faith and live as the Scriptures commend.
- The conducting of meetings for public worship under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and in ways that allow for the use of all Spirit given gifts for the glory of the Lord Jesus.